The Event Post Activity
To create an Event post you press the button “Create Event” below the feed.
From here an Event post will open with all the necessary fields for an Event post. The fields marked with a red dot resembles the minimum requirement for an Event post.
The fields will be explained below:
- Creator: The name of the creator of the news post.
- Title: The title of the post, it has a significantly larger font size then the rest of the text.
- Description: This is main text of the post, it is written in a rich text box.
- Tag(s): Here tags associated with the post can be chosen and added to the post. Read more about the tagging system here.
- Event start date and time: This field sets the time for the start of the event.
- Event end date and time: This field sets the end time for the event.
- Event Publish date and time: This date decides when the post is view-able in the feed.
- Location: The location where the event takes place, by double clicking on a point on the map the address of that point will automatically be shown in the location field.
- Set as important: This will sticky the News post to the top of the feed
- Accept: By checking the accept box, the News post will be unpinned on the date set in the "Date to unpin" field.
- Event participation: Checking this box means people can subscribe to the event to show they plan on attending.
- File(s): The field to drag files into in order to attach files or pictures to the News post.
How do you manage Events in Umbraco as an Admin
Events can be managed in Umbraco in the same fashion that News/Bulletin posts can be managed. By accessing the Events tab in Umbraco, in the left handed menu, you can search for specific Events based on keywords or publishing date.
When you have found the event you want to edit you simply click on it and a right sided editor opens, where you can edit all the initial fields in the Event.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Our site is a work in progress and feedback is very much appreciated. If you could not find information regarding your problem please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our github and create an issue if the problem relates to a bug or otherwise unintended technical functionality.