The Document Panel
The document panel - Is a simple panel for making documents quickly available, it has a descriptive text field followed by the chosen documents, as seen in the example below.
It is well suited for a side panel position but can be position in the center row as well.
Setting up the Document panel in Umbraco is done by following the general guide for setting up a panel found in the panels section. From here click the "edit" button on the Document panel, this opens the editor for the panel.
The fields explained below:
- Title: The title for the document panel
- Title link: This makes the title a link to either an internal page or an external site
- Optional text: This is a text body for the document panel
- Select media folder: This is where you choose which documents to show in the panel, the documents must be in a folder, you cannot choose single documents, create a folder and put the documents you wish to show into that folder, then choose this folder here.
- Type: Here you can choose how the documents should be shown, the vertical is a classical list display:
The horizontal looks like this:
- Documents count: Here you can choose how many documents you want to show, if the folder chosen has 15 documents and the number is set to 5, only the 5 first documents in the folder will be shown.
- See all link: Here you can add a link to either an internal page or an external site
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Our site is a work in progress and feedback is very much appreciated. If you could not find information regarding your problem please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our github and create an issue if the problem relates to a bug or otherwise unintended technical functionality.